City of Polk City recently issued the following announcement.
Whereas, On March 17, 2020 the Honorable Governor Kim Reynolds issued a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency throughout the State of Iowa. In an effort to follow the Governor's directions, Mayor Morse has proclaimed the following:
1) That a state of emergency or public danger exists within the City of Polk City because of the threat of the spread of COVID-19 virus
2) That based upon the advice of the CDC and other public health agencies, I hereby declare that the Public Library and City Hall will be closed to the public beginning upon execution of this Proclamation. Staff Shall report as normal.
3) That pursuant to the State of Public Health Disaster Emergency issued by Governor Reynolds, mass gatherings of 10 or more people are prohibited Noon today, March 17, 2020 and continuing until 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2020.
4) That pursuant to the Governor's mandate that all restaurants, bars, fitness centers, theaters, senior citizen centers and adult day care facilities in Polk City be closed; with the exception to allow food being served by carry-out, drive-through, or delivery.
5) That all residents are encouraged to regularly monitor trusted sources including Federal, State, and Local information resources for possible emergency communications, updates, and addition recommendations.
6) That this Proclamation of Emergency may be modified and/or superseded by future proclamation of the Office of the mayor of Polk City as future events warrant.
7) That any violation of any proclamation of the Office of the mayor shall be enforceable by the Polk City Police Department and any violation of the same shall be a violation of Section 15.02(2) of the Code of Ordinances and punishable as a simple misdemeanor.
Please click here to view the proclamation in its entirety.
Original source: https://polkcityia.gov/post/2020/03/17/UPDATED-Emergency-Mayor-Proclamation